Backtracking! Last month, Erik and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary. We don’t do gifts, we just set aside time to go out and have a nice meal together. I had been meaning to dine at Heidi’s for quite some time. I won a $20 gift certificate on Twitter (@HeidisMpls) so that sealed the deal. You know it.
We decided to bring our own bottle of one of the wines we picked up in Paso Robles and then also opted for the tasting menu. Yay! We’re going all out for this. Here’s the tasting menu:
It was 9-courses. You can only see 7 here for some reason. But it was all so amazing.
1. Caviar Sundae–Scrambled egg “ice cream” and local caviar
2. Ceviche–Bay scallop ceviche in muddled rosemary mignonette
3. Tongue–Pickled beef tongue and roasted shiitakes, spicy mustard and soy noodles
4. Foie Stew–Vanilla poached lentils topped with grilled foie gras, pinecone honey, and greens dressed in cherry vinaigrette
5. Lobster Pappardelle–House made pappardelle, black truffle, lobster, in a creamy grana padano sauce
6. To Go Lamb–Served in a to-go box and all I remember was that it was SO good
7. Beef Hot Pot–It had beef and broth, I can’t remember much
8. Ice Cream Table Side–Nitrogen and vanilla cream/custard mixed table-side served with strawberries
9. Cheese–Golden raisins, soft cheese, toasted baguette pieces
Some of the descriptions I was able to get off the website but since they change the menu often, most are no longer there and it was over 6 weeks ago. Everything was SO good. The tongue, lamb, and pappardelle were my absolute favorites. I wanted to bathe in the lentils in the foie dish. That was one of Erik’s top picks. I just can’t get over how special and delicious that food was. Heidi walks around and greets guests. She had some rad Minnetonka Moccasin boots on. Then they gave us the copy of the tasting menu with a house-made sucker. Seriously with this place? Love.
I want to go back. Like, right now.